Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How to Prepare Large Amounts of Hamburger

Fill a large pot with water, you’re going to need a good bit of water here. Using your hand, take a clump of ground beef and submerge it. Moosh it up really well, leaving no large clumps.

Continue until all of the beef has been smooshed into the water. (Here's a quote from the site I got this from. It amuses me. "Yeah, this isn’t pretty but puleeze. I’m a mom. I’ve seen worse by far.")

Bring to a boil. You’ll need to stir it just a time or two until it's all nice and browned and done. Either drain it with a collander or strain it out.

Get a measuring cup after it has cooled and put one cup servings in individual freezer bags to have on hand whenever you need ground beef for a meal.


Note:  I do this with all my hamburger now.  I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment